Sadly last week we said goodbye to our lovely American Intern Jenna, who is heading back home after a two month stay at Make Happy. Read her final blog about her experiences here:
All good things must come to an end and unfortunately today is the end of my good thing, my internship at Make Happy. I entered this company a mere 8-weeks ago not sure of the road ahead, but I took baby steps, learned to walk, learned some British lingo, and am now sprinting. So yes, I have learned an immense amount, but I am not at the point of running because I still have so much more to learn. To summarize my time at Make Happy I am going to share my top 5 list of my favorite things I have learned:
- Do not underestimate the power that TED talks can have on your life. Click this to understand what I mean.
- You sound like a tourist if you say pounds instead of quid (this is meant for future American interns).
- Business Model Canvas is the Holy Grail. If you don’t know what it is you must learn it.
- Work is not all about work; it is also about the learning experience. I was encouraged to read various blogs even if they did not relate to work.
- Get yourself out of autonomy and force yourself into the associate stage of learning; AKA challenge yourself!
Nothing in this list directly relates to a marketing consultancy and for that I am grateful. Make Happy not only taught me about the consultancy business, brand strategy, brand positioning, and the clients, but also taught life lessons. This is my fifth and shortest internship and this experience validates that quality of the internship supersedes the quantity of weeks working. I am leaving this internship as a smarter person who is now excited to read books, watch TED talks, and ready to run. Lastly, I want to thank Make Happy (Jonathan, Sophie, and Charlotte), for an unforgettable internship experience!