With every notification signalling a new task, it is easy to find yourself struggling to concentrate or completely finish a task without touching up another one. Try out these simple tips to boost your productivity levels.
Tips and tricks:
- Eliminate distractions – Turn notifications off (if you can), and try and enter your flow state.
- Check and respond to your emails 2-3 times a day, so you don’t get distracted from your tasks.
- Figure out your productive hours – if you find you are great at writing in the afternoon, then set aside time in the afternoon to write reports or content.
- Form SMART goals (specific, measurable, actionable, realistic, timely).
- Create a to-do list and prioritise what is actually important.
- Read your work aloud. This way you can assess whether your are being clear when communicating and maximise your productivity.
- Place yourself in the right setting and nudge your way to better behaviour – if you find working surrounded by other people motivates you to get tasks done, do it. If silence is what you need, find a quiet place to bash through those tasks.
- Focus on one task at a time.
- Take breaks to energise yourself.
- If you struggle to do a task, put a ten minute timer on to start it and often you will find yourself wanting to spend more time on it. (sometimes just starting is the hardest thing).
- Create a routine and allocate yourself deadlines to get things done. However, if you find you are a bit behind don’t be too harsh on yourself.
Why is important to be productive?
Being productive is essential to getting things done to a high quality in an appropriate amount of time. Moreover, failing to be productive and letting tasks stack up can lead to stress and burnout. Implement these tips and tricks to improve your work and boost productivity levels.